Bohemian trail of Magic valley | A walk through Malana village
Set amongst lush green Himalayan flora , this trek takes you to veritable paradise of Himalayan valleys and dramatic landscapes filled with high altitude snow capped mountains and ancient villages. This trek gives you the opportunity to visit fabled Malana village which inherits the most unusual customs and rituals which are said to come with lineage of Alexnder the great.
The fun starts from day one when you get into our riverside tents . Freshen up and enjoy delicious breakfast. As you have travelled throughout night, we reserve first day for local sightseeing at a leisurely pace. Guests are free to stroll around hippy Kasol town and check out various restuarents which serve various Indian and iserailes delicacies. Kasol is a very popular destination amongh foreign tourists, giving you ample chance to interact with different nationals. In evening we will have dinner and retire for bed after you enjoy riverside bonfire and music.
Next morning after having breakfast, we drive upto the Malana village gate from where our trek starts. We will start trekking upto Malana village which will be a moderate hike of 3 -4 hours taking you through Rhododendron trees and patches of dense forest. During this walk you will get to know the legends of Malana village by our tour guide. Once we reache Malana we will have a walk through the village. You can read more about this fabled village in wikipedia.
We will continue our trek and head towards pictureaque Magic valley which is some 10 Kms from Malana. We will stay in tents and enjoy food while listening folklores from our guide who is a great storyteller.
After breakfast we will pack our stuff and leave for Waichin valley. Panoramic view on the way are mermerising and will leave you wanting more.
The pleasant climb leads through thick pine and Deodar (cedar) forest to spots with panoramic views of the surrounding snow ranges of Deotibba and Chandrakhani mountains .We will have plenty of time for bird watching and training our cameras on most scenic Himalayan mountain ranges . We will camp in Waichin for the night. We will retire to our beds after having dinner besides bonfire.
We will have our breakfast at a leisurely pace while chitchatting with friends and fellow travellers. We will have plenty of time to satiate our souls with serene views of Waichin valley. You are free to have a small walk in woods to capture wildlife moments. We will head for a 4 KM descend before afternoon. Our vehicle will be waiting at the end of this descent which will take to the nearest Bhuntar. Our beautiful yet never to forget journey ends here as you catch your respective buses back to Delhi.
- Accommodation in tents for all days during trek.
- All meals (Break fast, Lunch, Dinner) on day 2 to day 3. We will serve lunch and dinner on day 1 and breakfast on last day. Tea and snacks will be served frequently during trek.
- Permit charges for trek(if applicable)
- Sleeping bags and all other trekking accessories for your comfortable stay during trek.
- Travel Cost to/from Kasol.
- Personal Beverages of any kind
- Personal Expenses of any kind
- Tips, shopping and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions list
- Pick up and drop from/to Bhuntar. We can provide transport (Scorpio or similar kind of Vehicle) for this stretch and charges would be 1000 INR per trip.
Things to Carry:
– Trekking Shoes (Avoid Brand New) – Sport shoes are also fine provided a decent ground grip and stuffed enough to withstand the cold weather.
– Multiple pairs of woolen and Cotton shocks.
– Pairs of thermal inner (Both upper and lower).
– Cold Cream and Sun Screen lotion
– T-Shirts, Track Lowers,Down Jacket, Rain Suit, Sweat Shirt, Sun Glasses
– Personal Medicine Kit however there are couple of medical stores and physician in the town of Kasol.
– You will be getting nutritious meals during the whole program however you may consider carrying chocolates and dry fruits.